Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Low Resolution

Time to check in with my New Year's resolutions from January 1, 2008. I had three:

1. Make 300 portraits of total strangers
I took roughly 110 portraits of total strangers, well short of the goal.

2. Learn to make consistently satisfying inkjet color photos.
I fell well short of this goal as well. I still cannot make a satisfactory color inkjet that looks as good as a C-print. On the plus side, I got up to speed in the color darkroom. Last January I knew nothing. Now I'm able to make consistently satisfying C-prints.

3. Sleep outside at least 20 nights
Check. I'm guessing I was close to 30.

Total Stranger #49, July 2008, Athens, Maine


My photo-related resolutions for 2009:

1. Get bored with the Diana so I can move on finally.

2. Acquire 10 photographs through barter.

3. Photograph for at least twice the hours spent watching TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blake, I can't imagine that you even spend 10% of your shooting hours in front of the tv! If you are past 50%, you're blowing my image of you! Turn off that brain-musher and get to work!

Blake Andrews said...

Well say I spend just a half hour or an hour per day watching TV, usually the News Hour or cartoons with the kids. That means I need to spend 15 hours per week out photographing which when you think about it is quite a bit, especially this time of year. I'm not counting the time spent around the house with a camera but specific photographic outings.