Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Post obliviated

I regret the post I wrote this morning regarding an article in Lay Flat 02. It was written in the heat of the moment after drinking too much coffee, in an anti-academic mood, and the result was a poorly researched rant about grammar, parts of which were quickly discredited in the reader comments.

I probably could've lived with that but the general tone of the post was so negative that it began to bother me. The longer it hung out there the worse I felt. Was this really how I wanted my first reactions to sound? What kind of creepy image was I projecting? Wasn't this the era of the new, less cynical, rainbow-loving B?

After some thought I removed the post this evening. I apologize if anyone was offended by it.

To all involved in producing Lay Flat 02, I'd just like to say nice work on a first-class journal. It's given me a lot to think about already.

No comments: